This research guide provides an overview of federal and Texas resources in the area of environmental law and litigation, with some energy law sources covered in passing.
In general, when researching a topic within a substantive area of the law, one should start with secondary sources to find the leading and most relevant primary law. Once you have some citations in hand, look them up in primary sources. Be sure to check out the current awareness resources so that you stay abreast of developments throughout your research. See the library's guide to the legal research process for a more general overview.
Please note, access to certain databases linked in this guide may be restricted to UT Law or the UT community; please see the library's Databases page that lays out access privileges.
Related Resources at UT
Related Organizations & Resources
Navigating Tarlton's Collection
Whether seeking print or online materials, here are some tips for using TALLONS, the online catalog:
Helpful call number ranges:
- K 3581 - 3597 (Int'l and Comparative Environmental Law)
- K 3981 - 3992 (Int'l and Comparative Energy Law)
- KF 2120 - 2140 (U.S. Energy Law)
- KF 3775 - 3816 (U.S. Environmental Law)
- KF 5551 - 5590 (U.S. Water Law)
- KF 8911 - 8925 (U.S. Trial Practice)
- KFT 1554 (Texas Enviromental Law)
- KFT 1646 (Texas Water Law)
Helpful subject headings:
- Air -- Pollution -- Law And Legislation...
- Environmental law...
- Water -- Law and legislation...