Many technology services are available to Texas Law students campus, whether it be via the Tarlton Law Library, Texas Law or UT-Austin. These services include:
- Facilities equipped with the latest hardware and software
- Staff to provide computing assistance
- Free email, web publishing, and file storage options
- Discounts on hardware and software
- Special access to legal resources
- Tips and guidelines for general computing, web publishing, and information security
Tarlton Tech Desk (JON 3.220)
Tarlton Tech Desk staff are here to assist you with your technology needs. In particular:
- Wifi: The UT-Austin wireless network is accessible to UT law students throughout the Library. Please stop by if you have any problems connecting to it.
- Printing: Please stop for assistance installing printer software and setting up a BevoBucks account.
- Hardware support: Staff can provide first-level support for hardware problems on your personal devices.
Tarlton's 3rd Floor Technology and Resources
The 3rd floor of Tarlton Law Library houses:
- the Tarlton Tech Desk (JON 3.220);
- Lexis printers;
- a scanning station with document feeder;
- a book scanner;
- a lab with computer carrels;
- a charging station for mobile devices; and
- the Library's computer classroom (JON 3.222/3.223).
All the computers on this floor are reserved for law student use only. The classroom is frequently reserved for use by regularly scheduled legal research classes and Bloomberg Law, Lexis, and Westlaw training sessions.
In addition to the scanning station and book scanner on the 3rd floor, there is another book scanner on the Library's 2nd floor. Only the scanning station on the 3rd floor can do optical character recognition (OCR). (There are also scanners available in UT Libraries' PCL with Acrobat Pro that can do OCR.)
A wall-mounted charging station for mobile devices is located on the east wall next to the laser printers. The station can charge up to 8 devices at a time, with 4 Apple, 3 micro-USB, and 1 mini-USB cables.